We are recruiting –
Location: Foyle Trust Area
Salary: £20,253 – £24,472 per annum (NJC scales)
Hours: 35 hours per week (evening and weekend work will be required)
Duration: 1 year, subject to funding
Foyle Women’s Aid is the lead agency offering a specialist domestic violence support service in the Foyle Trust area. We offer a range of outreach services and secure supported accommodation for women and children. The work is underpinned by an ethos of self-help and mutual support. The posts are funded by Supporting People.
Download the Support Worker Application Form
Download the Support Worker Job Description
Download the Support Worker Job Specification
- Possess a third-level degree in Social Work or a related relevant discipline.
- Possess at least 1 year’s relevant practical experience in a Support Worker role working with vulnerable families with complex needs or homelessness, and managing case work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of domestic and sexual abuse on women and families, and the appropriate interventions.
- Competence in use of Microsoft Office and report writing.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate experience of working in an interagency setting and as part of a team, with a working knowledge of statutory and voluntary services available for women and children, and the skills required to provide a coordinated service.
- Possess at least 2 years’ relevant practical experience in a Support Worker role working with vulnerable families with complex needs or homelessness, and managing case work.
A full driving licence and use of a car is also essential. You will also be subject to an Enhanced Access NI Check and will be required to work unsocial hours, including evening and weekend work.
Please note: candidates will initially be shortlisted on essential criteria (full list available in the job specification). However, if there is a high volume of applicants, we will then proceed to desirable criteria, which may be added to.
Application forms and further information may be obtained from our website: www.foylewomensaid.org.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Foyle Women’s Aid, Pathways, 24 Pump Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6JG.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 7th November at 4pm. Applications made after this time will not be accepted. CVs are not accepted.
Women’s Aid is a woman-only organisation and the lawful recruitment of a female(s) for the post(s) falls within exemption stated in Article 10 (2B & 2E) of Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976.
Women’s Aid is a registered charity, supporting Equal Opportunities Policies.