We are recruiting –
Location: Foyle Trust Area
Salary: £20,253 – £24,472 per annum (NJC scales)
Hours: 35 hours per week (evening and weekend work will be required)
Closing Date: Wednesday 9th May at 4pm
Download the Support Worker Application Form
Download the Support Worker Job Description
Download the Support Worker Job Specification
Foyle Women’s Aid is the lead agency offering a specialist domestic violence support service in the Foyle Trust area. We offer a range of outreach services and secure supported accommodation for women and children. The work is underpinned by an ethos of self-help and mutual support. The posts are funded by Supporting People.
- Possess a third-level degree in Social Work or a related relevant discipline.
- Possess at least 1 year’s relevant practical experience in a Support Worker role working with vulnerable families with complex needs or homelessness, and managing case work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of domestic and sexual abuse on women and families, and the appropriate interventions.
- Competence in use of Microsoft Office and report writing.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Possess at least 2 years’ relevant practical experience in a Support Worker role working with vulnerable families with complex needs or homelessness, and managing case work.
- Demonstrate experience of working in an interagency setting and as part of a team, with a working knowledge of statutory and voluntary services available for women and children, and the skills required to provide a coordinated service.
A full driving licence and use of a car is also essential. You will also be subject to an Enhanced Access NI Check and will be required to work unsocial hours, including evening and weekend work.
Please note: candidates will initially be shortlisted on essential criteria (full list available in the job specification). However, if there is a high volume of applicants, we will then proceed to desirable criteria, which may be added to.
Application forms and further information may be obtained from our website: www.foylewomensaid.org.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Foyle Women’s Aid, Pathways, 24 Pump Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6JG.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 9th May 2018 at 4pm. Applications made after this time will not be accepted. CVs are not accepted.
Women’s Aid is a woman-only organisation and the lawful recruitment of a female(s) for the post(s) falls within exemption stated in Article 10 (2B & 2E) of Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976.
Women’s Aid is a registered charity, supporting Equal Opportunities Policies.