Sweet Peas Crèche
Location: Foyle Trust Area, Strabane and Limavady Council Area
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: £15,507 pro-rata
Contract Type: 9-month contract
Closing Date: Friday 31st May 2019 @ 12noon
Foyle Women’s Aid is the lead agency offering a specialist domestic violence support service in the Foyle Trust area. We offer a range of outreach services and secure supported accommodation for women and children. The work is underpinned by an ethos of self-help and mutual support. POD15 is the childcare unit, with Sweet Peas Crèche facilities for the children of women in our service. The crèche facilities are available for those women who attend our training courses and the Tenancy Programme. We also provide crèche facilities for those who are having court support.
We are looking for a motivated, dedicated, reliable and flexible individual, who has a genuine passion for working with children. You will be part of a supportive and encouraging larger crèche team. You will work with a small group of children and their families, and build relationships in a sensitive and positive way, whilst delivering the highest possible care for all children who attend. You will ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times and provide a stimulating, educational and fun environment for children attending crèche.
The successful candidate will possess the following Essential Criteria:
- A minimum of Level 3 or equivalent Childcare qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant practical crèche experience of working with children, demonstrating your ability to relate well to children and their parents
- Up-to-date Safeguarding Training
- An awareness of vulnerable families and a good understanding of the issues children living in difficult situations will encounter
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office
- The capacity to handle pressure and to be adaptable to changing demands
- Work flexibly as part of a team, and able to use judgement and initiative
- Level 5 Diploma for Children’s Care, Learning and Development or equivalent
- Qualification in Child Protection
- Qualification in First Aid
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant practical crèche experience of working with children, demonstrating your ability to relate well to children and their parents
- Knowledge of current legislation when working with children, particularly their safeguarding
You will also be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Access NI Check and will be required to work unsocial hours, including evening and weekend work.
Please note candidates will initially be shortlisted on Essential Criteria (full list available in the job specification). However, if there is a high volume of applicants, we will then proceed to Desirable Criteria, which may be added to.
Application forms and further information may be obtained from our website: www.foylewomensaid.org
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Foyle Women’s Aid, Pathways, 24 Pump Street, Derry/Londonderry, BT48 6JG.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st May @ 12noon. Applications made after this time will not be accepted. CVs are not accepted.
Women’s Aid is a woman-only organisation and the lawful recruitment of a female(s) for the post(s) falls within exemption stated in Article 10 (2B & 2E) of Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976.
Women’s Aid is a registered charity, supporting Equal Opportunities Policies.