We are recruiting –
Accommodation Support Assistant
Location: Foyle Trust area, Strabane and Limavady Council Area
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £14,975 – £15,807 per annum pro-rata
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 12th March 2018 at 4pm
- Download the Accommodation Support Assistant Application Form
- Download the Accommodation Support Assistant Job Description
- Download the Accommodation Support Assistant Job Specification
Women’s Aid is the lead agency offering advice, accommodation and support to women and children experiencing domestic violence in Northern Ireland. This post is funded by Supporting People.
Post Overview: –
The post holder will assist with Foyle Women’s Aid accommodation admissions within our residential settings and will provide practical support for clients, ensuring that our services are comfortable, welcoming, supportive and a safe place to live, whilst establishing and maintaining positive relationships.
Essential Criteria includes: –
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience in working with young people or vulnerable adults in a paid capacity
Demonstrate experience in the following: –
- Reception or administration duties
- Conducting safety audits
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office and in report writing
Desirable Criteria: –
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in working with young people or vulnerable adults in a paid capacity
- At least an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrate experience of working in a residential setting
The successful applicant must also be required to:
- Complete and pass the Enhanced Access NI Check
- Work evenings and weekends on a weekly basis as part of the rota
- Travel to more than one site will be required to fulfil the demands of this post
You will have proven ability to work flexibly as part of a team and to take responsibility for your own work with minimum supervision, possess good organisational and administrative skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, whilst having the capacity to handle pressure and to be adaptable to changing demands.
Please note: Candidates will initially be shortlisted on Essential Criteria. However, if there is a high volume of applicants, we will then proceed to the Desirable Criteria.
Following the interviews, a reserve list will be created for a nine-month period.
Application forms and further information may be obtained from our website: www.foylewomensaid.org.
Please email completed applications to email@example.com or post to Foyle Women’s Aid, Pathways, 24 Pump Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6JG.
The closing date for applications is Monday 12th March 2018 at 4pm. Applications made after this time will not be accepted. CVs are not accepted.
Women’s Aid is a women-only organisation and the lawful recruitment of a female(s) for the post(s) falls within exemption stated in Article 10 (2B & 2E) of Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976.
Women’s Aid is a registered charity, supporting Equal Opportunities Policies.