Pod 15 Aims To –
• Raise self-esteem in children, young people and carers
• Build confidence
• Promote healthier life choices
• Create awareness
• Support children, young people and carers to build skills and knowledge
• Goal setting
• Offer a safe space
Services provided at POD 15
Sweet Peas Crèche
Our aim is to provide a safe, nurturing environment for children.
- Family Support
- After school provision
- Group work programs include:
- Helping Hands
- Heading for Healthier Relationships
- Protective Behaviours
Mother & child time in the new specially designed centre:
- Structured play sessions
- Bake/story time/outdoor activities
- Mother & Toddler groups
- Parenting support
- Rebuilding bonds
- Baby massage and a range of activities to support mothers and their children from abuse to recovery
Will be available for all children. Fun activities, games and outings, with resources for homeworks and projects
Summer Scheme is available during school holidays that includes outings and family fun days:
- Arts and crafts / messy play day
- Trips to swimming pool
- Visits to local library
- Farm / Zoo days
- Beach Trips
Foyle Women’s Aid works to meet the needs of children and young people who have experienced domestic violence. Women’s Aid believes that:
- Domestic abuse impacts negatively on children and young people as victims and witnesses
- Children and young people have a right to safety and support services to enable them to thrive and reach their full potential.
- By supporting mothers who have experienced domestic abuse, children and young people are also supported.
- Children and young people have in built resilience, and with appropriate support and early intervention this resilience can be nurtured and developed.
- Partnership working with other agencies is essential to ensure children and young people’s voices are heard and support is available.